Tuesday, June 5, 2007

I Needed A Nail In My Foot Like I Needed A Nail In My Head

So, I've been distracted from writing that big piece for the Hatchet I was talking about in my last post. Birthdays, working, slacking, slacking, taking pictures in demolition areas, stabbing myself in the foot with a rusty nail...

So, yesterday, Dan, Tyler, and myself went to the future sight of North Hills Mall's expansion, a former apartment complex on the other side of Six Forks Rd. We took pictures in the rather smelly, half abandoned remaining rooms of the one and a quarter structures left standing. It was a mix of creepy, "I bet homeless guys have been sleeping here" dread and just plain ol' sadness, like the doll in the wreckage, or the couch that was left behind on the third floor.

At the end of our little trip there, I stepped on a rusty nail. Thankfully, I had a tetanus shot a couple of years ago, so I'm golden, but damn, this shit hurts. I'm pretty sure if I was wearing a different pair of shoes, the nail would have gone all the way through my foot. So, here's some pictures, and a link to the web album with the rest of the pictures.

Here are the rest of the pictures on my Picasa web album


No comments: