Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Steven, This Is Further Proof Of My Being Correct On This Subject!

what i'm listening to right now: everybody's down by no-age

***there's an update to this story at the bottom***

So, Hillary just threw out any chance that she had at becoming President of the United States Of America. Her campaign song, you know, the one that she got all of her supporters involved in picking out? Here it is, click the link, I dare you. I dare you to listen to a Celine Dion song, and think "presidential". What a joke. Not that anyone else's official campaign song is gold, far from it, cliched late period U2 songs, John Mellencamp et al. But damn, Celine Dion. I can't remember exactly how many times I heard "It's A Beautiful Day" at that Kerry/Edwards rally I went to in 2004, but it was more than five at least. Imagine the Canadian Skeletor warbling ad infinitum at Hillary rallies. Jesus.

Completely. Out. Of. Touch.

update: via Talking Points Memo

Apparently, this Celine Dion song started out as a song played in the background of an Air Canada commercial. More details here.

And here's the commercial in question:





No comments: