Monday, May 14, 2007

Greatness Wallpaper

So, on my break in between shifts today, I've been listening to old podcasts of Sound Opinions. The one that I just finished listening to was the one where they interviewed Johnny Greenwood and Thom Yorke from Radiohead. Jesus.

You know those moments in your life where there have been things that you've been crazy about, and then after just gorging yourself on whatever this might be, you start doing/listening to something else. You kinda take their greatness for granted. Like a Picasso painting, it just becomes part of this greatness wallpaper. Then, you see one in person, and you see the brush strokes, you smell the oils. The same situation happened today with Radiohead. I was listening to this Radiohead interview, and it hit me like brick, man. Thom Yorke was playing this song a grand piano, and it just sent chills down my spine. The hairs on my neck, my arms, just standing on end. It's amazing, it's, it's, damn, I'm just lost for words.

No comments: