Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Stricken!

Absolutely striken! I can't seem to get past this writers block that is just sitting on my chest like a listless gorilla. There's plenty that I could write about. We recently got back from the mountains of Virginia. It was amazing. It was stunningly beautiful. It was much more than I expected it to be. I was expecting the kind of run downess of other rural mountain areas I've been to before.

Maybe I could write about the Eccentric Soul CD I got as a late birthday present, which is fantastic, it's like an alternate lost Sistine Chapel of soul music. But I just can't seem to break this block. It's hard enough to even describe my struggle with block, let alone how great this music is.

I could write about the akwardness of staying in a bed & breakfast in Virginia. I could write about the little pizza place down the mountain from where we stayed, or the dog at the little gallery in Floyd. But I'm fuckin' blocked. I can't seem to get out of it. Maybe tommorow will yield better results. But I just don't think I could go another day without writing anything at all. Well, hopefully, I'll just wake up and be unblocked, type with a fecundity unseen for weeks.
As it stands, I direct you to Amanda's blog, which has suffered from no such blockage. Fecund indeed. Amanda's been very prolific of late, writing late into the night, which sucks for me in the sleeping alone, while she's up writing until 4am, but is of benefit to the rest of y'all, with some fantastic writing.

No comments: